[lbo-talk] news from Harvard

John Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 06:50:17 PST 2007

> [University endowments are weird things - they accumulate,
> accumulate, to god knows exactly what end. Love the math at the end
> of this.]

> That's
> enough money to pay the yearly tuition for 858,794 students—more than
> 500 years of freshmen. (And, apparently, freshwomen!)

Which means that if they would 0.8% ROI, undergrads could go there for free.

That they can't is just sick.

-- John S Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com "As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air--however slight--lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- Justice William O. Douglas