[lbo-talk] Sam Smith on Doug Henwood

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 11:40:43 PST 2007

The problem, in my view, is not so much anti-intellectualism as general dearth of sociological imagination as defined by C. Wright Mills (cf. <http://www.camden.rutgers.edu/~wood/207socimagination.htm>), which is as MIA among the most literate Americans as the least, evidenced by the fact that political and philosophical schools of sociological imagination -- from Marxism to post-structuralism -- turn into theory of individual self-fashioning when imported and assimilated into American "high culture." -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>