[lbo-talk] AIDS, Race, and Class

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Feb 12 19:11:35 PST 2007

Carrol Cox wrote:

> Precisely. And that is why I didn't take the post as any kind of
> criticism of ACT-UP. The subject is not a particular group but the
> objective limits of what some kinds of activism can achieve. It is
> complementary to your point about the limits of what the tactics behind
> the Seattle Demo could achieve.

Seattle accomplished quite a bit, thanks to months of planning and a huge tactical blunder by the police. ACT-UP was another successful organization that we should take lessons from.

What annoys me about people on this list even bringing up the subject of "limits" is that so few of you are involved in any form of activism right now. It's all talk, talk, and talk on this list.

Put your ideas into practice, fer chrissakes!

Chuck