[lbo-talk] Anti-War Protesters Disrupt Obama Rally

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Feb 12 23:19:37 PST 2007

Steven L. Robinson wrote:
> Anti-War Protesters Disrupt Obama Rally
>
> by Christi Parsons & John McCormick
> The Chicago Tribune
> February 12, 2007

> But the protesters continued to chant, and the rest of the crowd began to
> drown them out with shouts of "O-ba-ma!" Someone grabbed the sign from
> demonstrators' hands--the protesters said later that security officers did
> so--and they left.

Same shit, different pile.

Obama may be just what the left needs to radicalize more people. He will be slick in handling incidents like this, but his rabid supporters will show how similar they are to Young Republican thugs.

I predict that over the next two years, we will hear lots of criticism of the anti-war movement coming from DP fanatics.

Has anybody else noticed how UFPJ only organizes demonstrations in off-election years?

This suggests a very practical strategy for the anti-war movement. Figure out what the Democrats don't want you doing, then do it.

This is going to be a barrel of fun.

Chuck