[lbo-talk] Anti-War Protesters Disrupt Obama Rally

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 13 14:52:59 PST 2007

"Charles A. Grimes" wrote:

> What pisses me off is this answer:
>
> ``We need to bring this war to an end...but we need to do it
> in a way that makes our troops safe.''

The U.S. is there to stay - both DP & RP (and their backers) are united on that. There are many ways of seeming to _say_ Brong the Troops Home while meaning Stay the Course.

There will still be U.S. troops and bases in Iraq in 2011. We have to build an anti-war movement which by 2012 can seriously disrupt "business as usual" or there will still be troops and bases there in 2015.

And building that for 2012 means that we have to keep on at present puttung as many weekend marchers as we can waving signs on empty streets.

Protracted Struggle.

Carrol