[lbo-talk] Sushi

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Feb 14 09:19:02 PST 2007

Tayssir John Gabbour wrote:

>Caveat: I like reading about food, have fancy cookbooks, and am in the
>center of Old Europe -- yet my idea of being adventurous is making
>Nutella pancakes. (For some reason "restaurant food" never tastes as
>good as I expect.) Pathetic.

Once you learn to cook and find a place to get good ingredients, restaurant food will be very disappointing, because, unless you're willing to spend a fortune, it will always be inferior to what you can make yourself.

The exception is ethnic cuisine -- I have never been able to grok chinese cooking techniques, so Chinese restaurants are still the only way I get to enjoy Chinese food.

Joanna