[lbo-talk] Postel responds to Leninology

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:09:36 PST 2007

Sorry, got messy here at the end: I meant that these movements in Iran. Though I also think it would be important to know why so many people seem to support the current Iranian administration for what seem to be more material reasons. This seems to be (though I'll admit not following the conversation as closely as I should be lately) the point Yoshi is bent on making about Ahmedenijad's support. I talked to one of my students from Iran earlier in the semester and she seemed to say that the support might not be evidence of actual material redistribution, but that the desire for there to be more of it which his popular support represented should bear some consideration. We didn't talk much about the recent elections and, again, I'm not all that clear on these either. But in any case, there seems to be much more going on than just this slim ideological and political struggle and it seems a bit negligent to not consider these economic facts in a major oil producing country.