[lbo-talk] Sushi

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Feb 15 09:58:38 PST 2007

Chris:

Just avoid the stuff with the polonium in it.

[WS:] Polonium? I though it was mercury that you get from raw fish;)

As to the cuisine - is there such a thing as the American cuisine as opposed to "ethnic" cuisines available here? I do not think of fast food as "cuisine" - it is just a corporate marketing gimmick, so if we leave junk food out, what would be "the" American food?

My inclination is to consider the so-called "Italian" food to be essentially the American cuisine because it is available everywhere, even in smallest podunks, it broadly accepted as "everyday food" i.e. something a person would make him/herself at home, and it has a distinctively American flavor which is different from the native Italian variant .

Wojtek