[lbo-talk] Sushi

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Feb 15 11:30:25 PST 2007

-----Original Message----- From: Charles Brown [mailto:cbrown at michiganlegal.org] Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 2:27 PM To: 'cbrown at michiganlegal.org' Subject: Sushi

[WS:] Polonium? I though it was mercury that you get from raw fish;)

As to the cuisine - is there such a thing as the American cuisine as opposed to "ethnic" cuisines available here? I do not think of fast food as "cuisine" - it is just a corporate marketing gimmick, so if we leave junk food out, what would be "the" American food?

^^^^^^ CB: Hot dogs , apple pie, punchkies ( from Hamtramck, Michigan), bacon and eggs ? Chitterlings ? Ice cream ? Soda pop ? "French" fries ? barbeque ? potato chips ? coney islands ? peanut butter ?

^^^

My inclination is to consider the so-called "Italian" food to be essentially the American cuisine because it is available everywhere, even in smallest podunks, it broadly accepted as "everyday food" i.e. something a person would make him/herself at home, and it has a distinctively American flavor which is different from the native Italian variant .

Wojtek