[lbo-talk] FOX News produces comedy show to compete w/ Daily Show &Colbert

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Feb 15 15:29:24 PST 2007

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> Fox is not hugely popular with the "American masses". Sponge Bob
> Square Pants and pro wrestling have far more viewers. And the
> numbers are skewed because people who watch Fox news have a habit of
> leaving it on non-stop. That pumps up their raw numbers, but they
> have fewer unique viewers than other cable news stations. Nor has
> Air America vanished.

I don't even bother paying attention to Fox News anymore, in fact, I'm thinking about taking down one of Infoshop's pages about Fox News.

Fox News has a very limited audience of hard core believers. Their demographic is people over the age of 70. This is a group of people whose politics represent a bygone era. They are dying out and Fox News isn't winning younger viewers.

If Fox News was increasing its viewership at a significant rate, then it might be worth worrying about.

Chuck