[lbo-talk] FOX News produces comedy show to compete w/ Daily Show &Colbert

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 15 16:46:07 PST 2007

Chuck wrote:

> > Fox News has a very limited audience of hard core
> > believers. Their
> > demographic is people over the age of 70. This is a
> > group of people
> > whose politics represent a bygone era.

What era would that be, the civil rights era? Tom Hayden is 67. Gore Vidal is 80.

>[WS:] Can you point me to any reliable stats showing
>this? I know that this is what Olbermann claims, but
>I am yet to see any proof of this.
>
>Wojtek

Olbermann is not the type to just make stuff up and he says his claims are based on MSNBC research. But the data advertisers rely on tells less about what people over 70 are doing than it does about what people between 25 and 54 are doing. One thing though, the viewer numbers Fox brags about are from people who leave Fox on for hours at a time. I don't think you'd lose money betting those are older viewers who are home all day.