[lbo-talk] An Iranian Woman Comments on Scott McLemee's Crooked Timber Blog Entry

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 05:56:44 PST 2007

On 2/16/07, Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

> <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2006/2006-August/015540.html>]).
> --

and in this same Time Magazine article, we see more evidence of Postel's hypothesis going awry: "[Sean] Penn, who helped organize the event, said he had heard of Ganji constantly when he visited the Middle East and wrote up his trip as a five-part series for the San Francisco Chronicle. "I like anybody who makes me say what I think — he does," said Penn." Penn, of course, is the poster boy for Hollywood Leftists--for not only people like Bill O'Rielly, but for ostensibly middle of the road commentators like John Stewart. Stewart, a few weeks ago, was downright annoying in pitching this joke when Penn's wife appeared on the show a few weeks ago. ("You are a tremendous actress: why you married a Communist, I don't know." http://www.ifilm.com/video/2815111 ) Penn also, IIRC, went to Baghdad in advance of the "Shock and Awe" in March of 2003 to act as a human shield. And either way, he's been closer (physically) to the Middle East than it appears Postel has anytime recently.