[lbo-talk] Soros responds, then Peretz

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Feb 16 11:21:08 PST 2007

Carrol:

Yugoslavia is a good litmus test here in the U.S. also. It separated leftists from _liberals-full-of-shit_ pretending to be leftists.

[WS:] Not really. I am a liberal-full-of-shit-pretending-to-be-leftist, yet I strongly opposed the invasion of Yugoslavia. I think that Yugoslavia was the first major military adventure that cut across political lines, as opposed to the former adventures that generally cut along these lines. We now live in a new brave world where previous ideological alliances and political distinctions lost their currency and do not matter any more.

Wojtek