[lbo-talk] a bitch needs to fan herself

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Fri Feb 16 13:02:30 PST 2007

oh my fucking god... i sat there listening to the woman on the phone, talking about a proposal letter. i said, well, the PHP developer was X an hour, so I figured this was in same range. long story short, she told me $4/hr more than X. I was busy scribbling this, leaping inside b/c I was worried it'd be less. so, i didn't say anything. she says, "well, we could do X plus $6/hr...." At this point, I've fallen on the floor and can't get up out of shock. She says, "Oh, I 've got an idea, how about x + $8/hr. And we'll give you $10/hr tax free for expense account, and we can get you a discounted rate at the Marriot corporate suites until you find a more permanent place to live."

A Bitch is in shock. Champagne AND sushi.

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)