[lbo-talk] a bitch needs to fan herself

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sat Feb 17 01:17:42 PST 2007

joanna wrote:

> You make them persuade you. This is what persuades them that they want
> you. All subtly, of course.
> You are supremely at ease. An interview is an acting job.

Which is exactly why job interviews are such a pathetic method for hiring people. We have decades of evidence that interview performance has no correlation with actual job performance in most fields, but we carry out this cultural ritual of job interviews to "make sure" the applicant is the "right person" for the job. It's a bloody waste of time.

--But more importantly, my congrats to the Bitch!

Miles