[lbo-talk] a bitch needs to fan herself

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Feb 17 18:02:33 PST 2007

>I don't see what's so offensive about that sort of tactic. In fact, I much
>prefer those sorts of questions to the stock variety that come from HR (e.g.
>"Tell me about a time you helped someone who was falling behind?") I'll bet
>the interviewer gets far more useful information too.

The thing to remember about HR is that they NEVER make the hiring decision. They only act as the primary filter.

That's why you have to put every goddamn thing you ever touched on your resume, so that it will filter through their chipmunk brains.

That's also why the best way to get a job is by bypassing HR entirely, and just hand your resume to someone who can get to the hiring manager directly. Quite often that's good for the recommender too. The company I work for pays about $3000 for referrals that turn into a job.

Joanna