[lbo-talk] Proposed Arizona bill bans political opinion in classes

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 09:18:30 PST 2007

Totally unconstitutional. Public employees have a rock-solid right to speak at work on matters of public concern as long as it is not unnecessarily disruptive of the normal operations of the workplace. This is mere grandstanding that won't survive ten minutes in federal court. It does show that AZ legislators have departed a long way from the libertarian days of Barry Goldwater, though.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0216teach-opinions0216.html