[lbo-talk] Morton Salt

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Mon Feb 19 22:40:59 PST 2007

At 01:39 PM 2/19/2007, jordan wrote:

>The IRS frowns on calling that kind of arrangement a 'contractor' ...
>basically, that kind of thing has been abused, so it's worth it to
>everyone to make you a W-2 employee.

you're right. i'd forgotten about this. i'd once known this stuff backwards b/c, in my old employment sitch, i was technically a contractor -- working from home, all my own equipment, software, ran the operation pretty much entirely, etc. technically, what he'd done was illegal. but, since i was only employee, everyone else a contractor, i couldn't do anything with the Labor Dept since they require a min. number of employees to hold an employer to the laws on that.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)