[lbo-talk] a bitch needs to fan herself

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 20 06:26:52 PST 2007

On 2/17/07, Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote:
> Regardless of the beliefs of corporate managers about the importance of
> interviews in the selection process, interview performance is useless as
> an indicator of actual job performance. There are hundreds of studies
> that verify this. Organizational psychologists recommend the use of
> valid job selection procedures in the place of interviews, but the
> evidence is more or less ignored. If a corporation's goal is to make
> money, you would think their perspective would be "let's use the most
> valid job selection procedures possible to obtain excellent employees
> and increase profitability". Strangely, that's not what's going on.

I realize this thread is old news, but just wanted to say that I'm looking at the field of organizational psychology (based on your points), and think there's probably a lot of useful stuff for me. Thanks!

If you think there's any useful sources to mention for people looking to build alternatives to the typical business institutions, please feel free... Others are welcome to chime in as well...

Tayssir