[lbo-talk] Soros responds, then Peretz

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 20 06:52:34 PST 2007

On Feb 20, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

> I should say that I don't know the situation in
> Germany in 1945, but if, say, Khrushchev had only
> allowed people to serve in official positions who had
> not participated in the Purges, there would have been
> no one to serve.
>
> Sometimes practicality is the better part of valor.

I don't think that was the issue - I think rather that the US liked low-level Nazis, because they were reliable anti-Communists. After all, the core of the CIA came from folding in Gehlen's Nazi intelligence organization, because he had all those skilled spies and excellent files on the Commies.

Doug