[lbo-talk] NYPD acts like pigsRE: lbo-talk Digest, Vol 54, Issue 7

c p cpthron at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 14:28:35 PST 2007

Also, is this your incident referred to? It looks like that was fairly out of control. It's hard to say how they should have run things. There were probably too many people.

What I'm more interested in lately is how the economics of digital camera memory, and plummeting prices of digital cameras with video options, could change certain aspects of life. As recently as a year ago, I remember hunting around for a 64MB Smart Media card for my 4megapixel used camera, which had initially cost someone $600+ and had no video option, and the memory type was discontinued and cost a lot. But now there is a bidding war and some new cameras are $130, and I just got a video option Pentax for $40, and memory is cheap. I can carry it everywhere. A lot of the cameras have almost identical features, and there is no file conversion ability necessary. However, I haven't noticed a large amount of amateur protest video on youtube - most of the work is from actual freelance journalists who are acting like journalists.

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2004/03/21/16744461.php http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2004/03/23/16750171.php http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2004/03/21/16746711.php

_________________________________________________________________ Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more….then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01