[lbo-talk] Fwd: [forum-ffe] un autre article de Marianne

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 00:34:14 PST 2007

On 2/21/07, Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp> wrote:
> From the weekly Marianne.
> JC
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > Ségolène, le retour
> > par Joseph Mace-Scaron, directeur adjoint de la rédaction de Marianne.
<snip>
> > Education, emploi, formation…la politique en faveur des jeunes est sa
> > priorité absolue et donne une cohérence à l'ensemble de son pacte.
> > Etait-ce la « maman » qui parlait ou la politique ? Toujours est-il
> > qu'il est clair que dans le projet ségoléniste la question de la
> > fracture générationnelle a pris le pas sur celle de la fracture
> > sociale.

But Royal's youth policy that emerges from her presidential pact is in large part about how to control the youth: <http://www.desirsdavenir.org/index.php?c=dossier&id=867&dossier=13>.

Of course, Royal's youth policy is preferable to Sarkozy's, and so is her immigration policy (which also has large implications for youth policy), but she still refuses to pledge to work to legalize most undocumented immigrants (cf. <http://www.desirsdavenir.org/index.php?c=actualites&actu=832> and <http://www.desirsdavenir.org/index.php?c=dossier&id=870&dossier=13>).

Note that she sounds far less clearly in favor of large-scale regularization than did Laurent Fabius (cf. <http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/france/0,,3298415,00.html>), whom she defeated in the primary (I gather that new members Royal brought into the SP are from the fickle center, not from the newly politicized among the socially excluded).

In the end, I'm afraid she would come across as too left for center-right voters she has been wooing all along and too right for far-left voters she sought to win back by the economic promises in the pact. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>