[lbo-talk] "I Think Where I Am Not; Therefore I Am Where I Do Not Think"

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 13:38:45 PST 2007

> On Feb 21, 2007, at 2:26 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > American recruits who are fighting the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.
> > come from the America of small towns, in contrast to American leftists
> > who tend to live in the most urban areas of America (or near college
> > campuses if they live in small towns at all).
>
> I realize this out-of-touchness is a pet theme of yours,

Descartes said, "I think, therefore I am," but Lacan said, "I think where I am not, therefore I am where I do not think." If one regards the "I" of Lacan's statement as the self of labor, his statement makes perfect sense in America as well as in the world. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>