[lbo-talk] [Fwd: Re: newbery medal controversy: the power of "scrotum"]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 21 13:53:47 PST 2007

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: newbery medal controversy: the power of "scrotum" Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:48:58 -0600 From: Rhonda Nicol <rmnicol at ilstu.edu> Reply-To: rmnicol at ilstu.edu To: ENGDEP-L at LISTSERV.ilstu.edu References: <45DA3D09.80101 at ilstu.edu>

I love this passage from the NYT article:

Ms. Nilsson, reached at Sunnyside Elementary School in Durango, Colo., said she had heard from dozens of librarians who agreed with her stance. “I don’t want to start an issue about censorship,” she said. “But you won’t find men’s genitalia in quality literature.”

Um, okay. I didn't know that was a defining characteristic of "quality literature." Good to know.

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using Illinois State University Webmail.