[lbo-talk] [Fwd: Re: newbery medal controversy: the power of"scrotum"]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 21 14:52:23 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

There is a couple (both high-school teachers) in a near-by town who some years ago wrote letters to the local paper against teaching Chaucer in English classes because he was a dirty-old man. I haven't seen any of their letters lately but for about 10 years every month or so they provided great entertainment. Wojtek would love them -- they confirm all of the myths he believes in.

Carrol

P.S. Incidentally, Rhonda Nicol in the post fwd was being facetious, in case that wasn't clear.