[lbo-talk] Monbiot on 9/11 "Truth" Theories

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 21 17:16:02 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> It's huge at WBAI and the rest of Pacifica (staff and audience). I
> don't know how you want to modify the Pacifica left - radical,
> marginal, wigged-out. Not liberal though.

My guess is that the typical Pacifica listener is a liberal-left "progressive" over the age of 40. The old anti-war movement from the 60s. Nader voters. The more radical Democrats.

Few of the ultra-left activists or anarchists that I know take the 9/11 conspiracy stuff seriously. Most of my anarchist friends are annoyed by even discussions about the subject.

It sounds like WBAI has some serious problems with the wingnuts who want to control the station. If the station relies on money from 9/11 conspiracy wingnuts and Gary Null granolaheads, I would say that the left in your city has some serious critical thinking problems.

Chuck