[lbo-talk] Monbiot on 9/11 "Truth" Theories

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 21 23:38:37 PST 2007

Angelus Novus wrote:
> 9/11 conspiracies are, I would not say popular, but
> certainly have a certain foothold, in the
> Anti-Imperialist political milieu in Germany (I use
> capital letters to denote an actual political
> tendency, and not the mere position of being in
> opposition to imperialism. I prefer Anti-Imp to
> loaded and potentially misleading terms like
> "Stalinist" and "Maoist").
>
> But it is rare that it takes the form of actively
> advancing theses concerning alleged conspiracies of
> 9/11. It far more often takes the form of posing
> "unanswered questions" concerning 9/11.

A comrade who recently visited Europe told me last night that many of the people they talked to were of the opinion that Bush was involved in the attacks. My friend didn't say if they buy into the conspiracy theories, but it sounds like people over there are very cyncial about the Bush regime. For good reason.

Chuck