[lbo-talk] War Losses Mount for Small Towns

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 11:29:41 PST 2007

On 2/22/07, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> Look, if ANSWER, UFPJ and the labor unions are such skilled organizers,
> than certainly they can organize a national anti-war mobilization in
> Columbus, Ohio. Us Midwesterners always have to get on the bus for D.C.
> protests, so why can't East Coast people get on some buses to the
> Midwest? If you really want to stop the war, aren't you going to have to
> step outside your comfort zone?

If 2008 is gonna be anything like 2004, the nominees of both parties, national and world media, etc. will be flocking to Ohio as if we were the center of the world, so movement leaders might want to take a fresh look at the buckeye state -- it may just well be an ideal short-term protest and long-term organizing* location!

* I assure you our housing market had never gone crazy even before the recent downturn. The office you are paying $5,000+ per month for in Manhattan may be had perhaps for as little as $1,500. Organize Ohio, while saving money, and you'll never see a Republican majority again! -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>