[lbo-talk] Why the best actors are British

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Fri Feb 23 15:49:27 PST 2007

On 2/23/07, joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> Yeah, it's too bad American actors are taking the rap. I've spent the
> last month watching The Wire and I can't see too much wrong with that
> acting.

You do realize that two of the leads are from Britain -- Dominic West ( 'Jimmy' McNulty") and Idris Elba ("Stringer Bell") -- and one is from Ireland -- Aidan Gillen ("Councilman Carcetti")?

In any case, the ensemble as a whole is indeed very strong. I found the guy that played Omar quite captivating.

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam