[lbo-talk] Why the best actors are British

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 05:57:46 PST 2007

--- Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'd be pleased if the oligarchs would just do
> something to make Alexander
> Sokurov's existing films more accessible in the US.
> Allow me to once again
> offer a plug here on the list for Sokurov's
> dreamlike tour de force "Russian
> Ark" (2002), which I saw on DVD for the first time a
> year ago or so ago and
> re-viewed recently. It's the best movie I've seen
> in years.

I caught the tail end of his film "Moloch" about the last days of Hitler on TV a while ago. It's done in German with German actors. His film on Hirohito is done in Japanese.

The Russian director Sergei Bodrov's movie about the life of Genghis Khan (filmed in the Mongolian language) is due out this year: http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/tickermaster/listing.cfm?TMID=2743

____________________________________________________________________________________ Cheap talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. http://voice.yahoo.com