[lbo-talk] Conservapedia

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sat Feb 24 08:44:46 PST 2007

The article on Global Warming is also a hoot:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Global_warming

Take this gem:

[...]

It should be noted that these scientists are motivated by a need for grant money in their field of climatology. Therefore, their work can not be considered unbiased, though no more than any scientist in any other field .[4]. Also, these scientists are mostly liberal athiests, untroubled by the hubris that man can destroy the Earth which God gave him.

[...]

If I parse that last line correctly, the author considers it is "hubris" to think that humans can destroy the earth, since God created it for them.

LOL

Striving to be "fair and balanced" the writer offers "contrasting" points of view:

[...]

Some people claim that Liberals would like to see the economy of America destroyed by forcing us to drive solar cars to work, and use geothermal energy to heat our homes. Global warming is merely a thinly-veiled liberal attempt to destroy capitalism, they claim. Others, on the other hand, rather than claim it's about destroying capitalism claim that it's actually a money making scam on the part of investors who stand to reap significant profits if the economy switches to alternative energy sources. Such is the passion and paranoia surrounding this topic.

[...]

Gawd forbid we should all have to drive "solar cars" to work!

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam