[lbo-talk] Hitler and Children (for Chuck Grimes)

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Feb 25 07:52:58 PST 2007

(What a subject heading!)

Chuck, I know you're interested in WWII historical documents like that Ehrenburg stuff I was translating, so I thought you might be interested in this... Chris Doss

I was, and I got it offlist, but by the time I finished breakfast, it was up on lbo. Not to raise paranoia, but it could have been delayed while Yahoo or somebody interrupted its travels and it got logged to the NSA. Funny thinking about that. Maybe forewarded to Cheney's office... Berkeley and Russians talking about Hitler? Could be dangerous stuff.

Anyway, I think I've seen some of the photos and/or film for these captions. The images they relate to sound very familiar. It could have Leni Riefenstahl or somebody else. Somebody with a hand held movie camera followed Hitler around on his birthday and his walk or hike down the village near the Eagle's Nest. It looked a lot like news reel type stock. The Furher's Birthday. All the well dressed peasant outfits on display for mountain spring weather, complete with little boys and girl with flowers as Hitler and maybe Goering---usually dressed in white military outfits---walked along the country side paths. Back up the hill later in the afternoon we see the mountain viefrom inside the huge window, and later out on the stone veranda sitting on a low stone wall with Ava and Wolfie (the black German shepherd). All smiles. Just as homey as a hyena with an English birthday hat on its head. Creepy indeed.

CG