[lbo-talk] Marxism and Religion

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 06:16:49 PST 2007

Well, Tayssir, has Mark Lance heard of the USA? :)

Yes, we had slavery for a long time and not all our injustices are cured at all -- but I'd say the American revolution brought about a more progressive society than the one before it.

-B.

Tayssir John Gabbour wrote:

"Speaking of that, anarchist philosopher Mark Lance mentioned a downside to this compartmentalization. He claims that successful revolutionary movements pretty much always resulted in societies which were massively less progressive (democratic, egalitarian) than the movements themselves which brought about the change. He doesn't know of a counterexample. Sometimes the post-revolutionary society is even regressive compared to the pre-revolutionary one."