[lbo-talk] FT to keep "chargewall"; a door policy improves audience quality

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 11:13:53 PST 2007

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Pearson rethinks FT website
>Richard Wray, communications editor
>
>...Pearson chief executive Dame Marjorie Scardino, announcing a strong
>19% rise in annual profits to £502m, admitted that FT.com is likely
>to continue to rely on subscription revenues, retaining its so-called
>'chargewall'. ...
>
>... she said today that the 90,000 subscribers to FT.com represent a
>"rarified audience" including senior figures in business and politics
>across the world and "We have found that to some extent with the
>quality of audience we have got we can provoke the discussion".
>
>"This is not a typical online discussion where people do not reveal
>who they are," she said of some recent FT.com forums.

Hubba hubba! Just what kind of explicit plutographic chats and intimate cyber-gropings can be found at the FT forums?

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more….then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01