[lbo-talk] Hitler and Children

c p cpthron at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 12:41:28 PST 2007

>Subject: [lbo-talk] Hitler and Children
>To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
>

>``I find it hard to imagine that propaganda this crude could be
>effective...'' CD
>
>--------
>
>I do too.
>
>But then I couldn't believe anybody would buy the Bush
>administration crappola on Iraq.
>
>I mean Bush and Company were so obviouly lying that about the only
>questions in my mind, were they so arrogant that they didn't care
>whether it was believed or not? Or, were they so cynical and confident
>in their command over political power that they really
>didn't need to do anything more that put up the thinest of pretences?
>
>I recieved the shock of my life when more than half the country
>apparently decided it was a good idea to invade Iraq. I am serious. I
>was utterly dumbfounded.

What I'm perceiving is that I'm encountering a new set of people which partially doesn't overlap with the set buying into the Iraq escalation, who are taking the Iranian nuclear threat quite seriously. It is a different set of people who were previously gung ho on Iraq and now have become cynical. This isn't necessarily among friends and family as much as internet dialog, although my father (a protester against Vietnam in '63 and '64) seems to have been exposed to some propaganda telling him that Ahmedinejad has sworn to wipe Israel off the map as soon as they assemble a bomb. During the last election, I do remember Sen. Kerry and the other democrats competing to show attention the threat of Russian/Iranian/N. Korean and Pakistani weapons and unmonitored nuclear material.

It just suggests that a few incidents in that region could convince some segment who currently wish to leave Iraq to favor involvement in Iran. At the same time, I would guess that there wouldn't be congressional approval for our own involvement - it would have to take the form of support for another nation which would actually carry out bombing of targets.

_________________________________________________________________ Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more….then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01