[lbo-talk] Marxism and Religion

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 14:34:04 PST 2007

> On Feb 26, 2007, at 2:52 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > In my view, atheism is not politically better for leftists than
> > religion, and vice versa, if what you want to eventually arrive at is
> > communist society.
>
> In other words, this is all at a highly abstract level. If Carrol Cox
> didn't reflexively defend everything you say, he'd be all over you
> for this.

Or more concretely, my partner (a monotheist) vs. you or me (an atheist). Are we more revolutionary than him on account of our atheism? I don't think so. And let me add that he does far more housework than I do, from cleaning the toilet to taking out the garbage. And he's got a unionized civil service job. What a man!
:->
-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>