[lbo-talk] Marxism and Religion

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 23:06:30 PST 2007

On 2/27/07, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> (And
> like I 've said, I've actually read the Qur'an cover
> to cover -- about as far out as the Bible.)

The question is how people read the Bible, Qur'an, etc. and what they get out of them. Certain leftists -- such as yourself -- insist on reading them literally, but if you do so, all you understand is what literal-minded fundamentalists may get out of them. The thing is that most people of any religious faith are not fundamentalists, so they don't read the texts literally, which is the reason why they can reconcile faith and science. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>