[lbo-talk] Marxism and Religion

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Feb 27 23:11:06 PST 2007

>Then why don't Americans build community based on reality instead of
>misguided beliefs in Santa Claus?
>
>I'm flabbergasted at the circle jerk for religion going on here. I have
>to wonder what you all would say if I started defending religious belief
>in creationism as something that helps comfort people.

So long as you ignore everything that has been said, so long as you equate religion with its most absurd manifestations, it's going to be very hard to talk here.

I have been a dues paying member of a Trotskyist party and believe me that before I would go back to that idiotic mumbo jumbo, I _will_ walk into a Quaker congregation or check out the Unitarians. This is not a reflection on Trotsky but on the demented behavior of such political parties in the U.S. I mean you want to talk about absurd ritual and misguided beliefs all rendered in the most obsolete formulaic language imaginable, you can't really do better than such parties.

Joanna