[lbo-talk] Marxism and religion

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 07:21:10 PST 2007

>From: "James Heartfield" <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>
>
>... if anyone wants to make a Marxist defence of religion they should bear
>in mind that, like a good Hegelian, Marx would think Protestantism superior
>to catholicism, and catholicism superior to Judaism, and all of them
>superior to Islam, which is plainly a descent into mumbo-jumbo ...

James, I agree with your basic point that religion overall is as compassionate and useful as giving a starving dog a rubber bone. But I find your Hegelian timeline here confusing and nflammatory -- the worst kind of Islam-baiting, which is exactly the last thing Western Civ needs now.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more….then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01