[lbo-talk] Marxism and religion

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 18:30:09 PST 2007

As Marx certainly knew when he wrote the famous passage on religion, opium was prohibited in China, the trade being a capital crime, and it took a war to force opium down the throats of the Chinese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars#From_the_Napier_Affair_through_the_First_Opium_War_.281834.E2.80.931843.29