[lbo-talk] Tower Records

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 13:03:09 PST 2007

> I keep finding all kinds of music I never knew
> before. My iPod is full of old, familiar stuff and stuff I've only
> recently discovered. Electronic distribution actually seems to result
> in more marginal material being distributed, not less.

Yeah. I've found a TON of new bands on myspace - actually, most of them have found me, presumably via the pages of similar bands that I've already added. I'd probably never have heard of most of them otherwise or, if I did, it would be a case of reading a review, thinking "hmm must check them out sometime" and then forgetting all about them. This way, I can check them out instantly, download their stuff if I like it, add them to my own page (which gives me an easy "bookmark" to their page for future reference) and in that way other bands I might like can find me, repeat, repeat. It's absolutely great. I haven't had access this easy to new music since I stopped working in record stores.