[lbo-talk] Re: Tower Records

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 4 13:42:47 PST 2007

> Members of the ipod generation, so-called, not only have
access to more music, but have more control over what they listen to. It's very far from being spoon fed.

I think what he is lamenting is the way he browsed. He has to learn a new way to be exposed to music.

I sometimes feel that way about bookstores. I miss the tactile contact of picking up a book, leafing through it, being caught by a phrase or passage, and then buying the book. I have passed many wonderful hours in bookstores (which I think grew out of the wonderful hours I spent as a child in libraries).

Brian