[lbo-talk] Tower Records

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Thu Jan 4 18:48:02 PST 2007

Dennis Claxton wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>

>> Electronic distribution actually seems to result
>> in more marginal material being distributed, not less.
>

> Yup. Members of the ipod generation, so-called, not only have access to
> more music, but have more control over what they listen to. It's very
> far from being spoon fed.

Another data point: my 16 year old daughter's ipod playlist currently includes "Milk shake" (if you don't know, don't ask!) as well as "Walk the line", "Blitzkreig bop", and "Castle made of sand". I have to admit she's developed a much more ecletic taste in music than I did when I was her age, and the ipod definitely has something to do with it.

Miles