[lbo-talk] Fwd: Dinesh D'Souza on the Value of Traditional Religious Values

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 5 18:59:43 PST 2007

Chris Doss observed:

Now I will agree that peasant society sucked, and that it was plenty brutal (still is, in its current updated form). I would not want it back, my fascination with the Cossacks notwithstanding. But what we are talking about is a premodern mindset, which still exists in many parts of the world.

Yeah, it's nuts, isn't it (he said with benefit of historical, scientific and class conscious hindsight). A woman I bought a piece of handmade jewelry from in Vanuatu had her husband buried in her backyard. His grave was quite obvious.

I was at her home/hut while making the purchase. As a courtesy, I asked her about how he died. She replied, "He was killed because some of the villagers thought he practiced witchcraft on them."

Regards, Mike B)

Watch the communist manifestoon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1oGIffyVVk