[lbo-talk] Stalinism's record (was Fidel)

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Jan 6 07:38:16 PST 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Chris Doss wrote:

> When was the last Jewish Blood Libel Trial in the US

There was never a Jewish blood libel trial in US. Jews were citizens from the moment the US was founded. And our puritanism was deeply Judaeophilic.

> and when was the last American killed for practicing witchcraft? 1750?

1692. And there was already an official apology by the judges involved by 1700, which might be the fastest official apology ever issued for a lynching. It was a rear-guard action action against secularization (or as they called it, "materialism") which failed.

Michael