[lbo-talk] Re: Maoist cleanup drive hits Nepal gays

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 11:44:33 PST 2007

On 1/7/07, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > As soon as my Farsi improves, I'd love to do the
> > same for Iran. But,
> > the way things are going, Washington might put
> > travel restrictions
> > before that happens! I should have learned the
> > language while I was
> > an undergrad!
>
> Would that affect you? Are you still a Japanese
> citizen?

I'm still a citizen of Japan and only a permanent resident of the USA, but suppose Washington enacts something like this or worse for Iran:

Licenses are granted to the following categories of travelers and they are permitted to spend money for Cuban travel and to engage in other transactions directly incident to the purpose of their travel under a general license, without the need to obtain special permission from the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC): </blockquote>

That would be a bummer! -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>