[lbo-talk] Planning behind non-democratic parts of US govt's structure?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 13:30:57 PST 2007

Or read The Federalist Papers -- it's all laid out there plain as day. Madison and Hamilton didn't mince words. See esp. Fed. 51. I'd start there.

For more scholarly detail from a centralist and somrwhatone nonstandard perspective, there are laso Akhil Reed Amar's books on The American Constitution and on The Bill of Rights. But Lazare's book is good too, if very polemical.