[lbo-talk] Fwd: [Deathwatch] Tillie Olsen, Feminist Writer, 94

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Jan 8 09:27:57 PST 2007

Jerry Monaco wrote:

> No one took notice on this list but Tillie Olsen died. I read her
> short story "I Stand Here Ironing" when I was about 16 and it lead me
> to her story collections. I knew that she was left but had not
> realized she had been a labor activist in the '30s.

Actually, some of us did notice -- Yoshie asked me to write a tribute for MR zine, which I am working on right now. If there is anyone on this list who would like to contribute information, anecdotes, questions, ideas....just aim them this way.

I am trying to get it written by her birthday, January 14.

Joanna