(Research and Prejudice) Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Maoist cleanup drive hits Nepal gays

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 10:01:47 PST 2007

On 1/8/07, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > (d) in terms
> > > false impressions the fact that the Nepalese
> > rebels
> > > are Maoist is enough to condemn them in the eyes
> > of
> > > most of the world (and I'm pretty suspicious
> > myself);
> >
> > All the more reasons to guard against one's own
> > prejudice, no?
>
> Maybe you should be likewise triply on guard against
> your own prejudice against bourgeois, mainstream,
> right wing, and nonleftist news stories. Have to
> guard yourself against prejudice, no?

Like I said, I don't dismiss the allegation out of hand, but one story from one source, left or right or center, is not enough for me to take it as a proven fact. All I'm saying is we should not make up our minds before we do research. I don't see how that's controversial. It seems to me to be common sense that should be applied to any topic. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>