Privelege Was Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Maoist cleanup drive hits

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 8 16:18:56 PST 2007

John Thornton wrote:

> Chuck is correct in noting that many people already engage in what they
> label kinky sex. Most of them however seem to think they are further
> outside mainstream behaviour than they are. That may be part of the
> appeal, imagining they are much more transgressive than they actually are.

I think that there is always this edginess about sexual practices that turn on people. As sexual tastes and taboos change, what was edgy yesterday becomes mainstream today. In American society, just a few decades ago, oral sex was something that was taboo and wasn't talked about in polite conversation. These days people take it for granted and you can hear it discussed casually on TV and radio.

Chuck